Thursday, February 16, 2017

The Great Purge of 2017

So in my previous post I mentioned how I didn't know there was an alternative than having a crazy amount of things in your lives, well the past few months I have been doing a lot of research and discovered that I am a Wanna Be Minimalist.  I have spent my whole life being suffocated by things and taking my all of my time to tidy and organize things I didn't really like or even want.  I have neglected the people that were important to me and given it to these things.  In the past year I have two "episodes" where I can't breathe and feel like I am literally being suffocated.  There hasn't seemed to be any rhyme or reason to them but now I wonder if it's not the stress of the stuff and all the things I need to do because of that.
So I have had some inspiration to help me realize it can be done.  First I listened to the book "The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up"  It was a good book and gave some practical tips and tricks on how to simplify.  But I'm tired of tidying.  I want to figure out why I've done this to myself (and my family) and how to never, ever think this is acceptable again.
Next I watched a film on Netfix.  Honestly I don't remember how I stumbled onto "The Minimalists" but I can't be more grateful that I did.  The film is entitled Minimalism and is amazing.  It's direct and thought provoking.  I highly recommend it to everyone.......even if you never want to be a minimalist I guarantee this documentary will at least make you think about how we perceive life and why we are driven to act a certain way.
Then I started following their podcast.  Then I searched YouTube and that's where I found Darci Isabella's channel and I love it.  As a fellow mother of a large family it is nice to see someone who is real.  Dealing with a family and being a minimalist.  So inspirational.  I highly encourage everyone to go and take a look and subscribe.  From all of this I have realized that this is a journey.  I won't be an orderly and beautiful home tomorrow but if I spend the year as a wanna be minimalist I might be one step closer to a peaceful, less stressful, more organized life.  I hope that you'll join me on this journey.

Check out The Minimalists here:

www.theminimalists.com or click above

Check out Darci Isabella here:

Search Mama of 10 on Youtube or click above

No comments:

Post a Comment