Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Saving Money

Saving money.....it has always been one of my New Year's Resolutions. Like so many things I have written it down, year after year, and in December look back and kick myself for not doing it.

NOT THIS YEAR!!!!

I have started by making a budget for my family. One of the main things that I wanted to accomplish was a grocery budget.

So here it is.....

$100/week (for a family of 5) and only going to the store 1x per week.

This is going to be really hard for me but I think I can do it! I have started a system of coupons and sales that I know will help me stay within this budget......hopefully :)

I will update you every week of my progress. So here we go.

Total Retail: $214.86
OOP (Out of Pocket): $102.78

Total Savings: $112.08

Let me know what you think and I will share some of my Grocery Saving methods soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment